The publisher of Sociální práce / Sociálna práca journal is Asociace vzdělavatelů v sociální práci (Association of Educators in Social Work). The Association of Educators in Social Work („ASVSP“) is a voluntary association of legal entities of colleges and universities or their units, which offer education in social work in the Czech Republic, and/or other providers of education and training in social work. ASVSP is a member of the European Association of Schools of Social Work (EASSW).
The major goal of ASVSP is to improve the standard of professional quality in the field of social work education in the Czech Republic. The ASVSP members believe the critical tools to achieve this goal is the establishment of minimum standards in the sphere of social work education, and the publishing of the Sociální práce/Sociálna práca journal – the only specialist magazine focused on social work in the Czech and Slovak Republic. The core activities of the Association are the publication of the journal, the establishment and innovation of standards, and the support provided to its members during the implementation and certification of adherence to these standards at ASVSP-member schools.
The maintenance and enhancement of educational quality in social work is supported by consultations provided by ASVSP to its members. The goals of the consultations are:
- to help formation and development of the profession under the current (changing) conditions
- to support the observation of minimum standards for social work education
- to make (member) schools aware of the problems present in their work and to transfer the experience of other (foreign) schools, employers, social workers, and other relevant entities
- to maintain contacts between the schools and teachers of social work
- to strengthen cooperation between schools, e.g., in the field of teacher and student exchange programs, etc.
Executive board of ASVSP:
Tatiana Matulayová (president)
Marcela Křivánková (vice-president)
Monika Chrenková (executive secretary)
The European Research Institute for Social Work (ERIS) is a University of Ostrava institute involved in formal cooperation agreements with six European universities in Finland, France, Germany, Britain, and Slovakia and other associated member universities across Europe. The main goal of the institute is to implement research and publication activities contributing to European and international development in social work.